Friday, August 03, 2007

Subspace Emissary


Sakurai just broke down the floodgates. Today's Super Smash Bros. Update is none other than the revelation of a brand new robust adventure mode to compliment the multiplayer. Sakurai says:

"More than anything, Smash Bros. is a competitive action game. People have been kind enough to praise its multiplayer, but we’ve never been able to create a fully fleshed out single-player game.

This time, though, we’ve managed to create a complete side-scrolling action game. It’s storyline isn’t overwrought—it’s hastened along by a bunch of quick movies."





If you could not tell from my past blog updates, I am excited about this game. After this I think I'm more excited for this game than I have been for pretty much any game in recent memory. Cheers Nintendo. Cheers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how good the game is really gonna look, those graphics look way to nice.

Spanny said...

Those graphics are from movie clips, however you can see in-game screenshots just above those on smashbros.com.

Random J said...

I'd laugh if those movies were done using the in-game engine. (I sure hope they were!)

This game looks awesome. If Nintendo do not have this game include online play, I will break the f**k down. The game will rock even if it doesn't include online play, but it'd be such a shame if it wasn't included.

Anonymous said...

I dont think it will be online capable, just a gut instinct.

Mordred said...

SSBM will be so damn amazing it will start a new religion.