Sunday, August 05, 2007

Inevitable Harry Potter Impressions


Being an avid Harry Potter fan, I've decided to give my impressions on both the new book and the new(ish) movie. First the movie. I didn't know how they would fit the longest book into the shortest movie, but it really wasn't all that bad. I've never been a huge fan of the movies, but this one surprised me because there wasn't anything HUGE I noticed that they failed to put in.

The book was very sub par in my opinion when compared to the other one (other than the last handful of chapters.) It just kind of dragged on for me since it didn't take place at Hogwarts, and the action scenes were a little blah and felt thrown together and poorly detailed. She did however nail the ending battle scenes; at least for me. Overall it was alright, not the best, not the worst. Although I will say that the epilogue (or lack there of) is rubbish.

2 comments:

Random J said...

That picture looks like she wants Daniel to push up on it.

Mordred said...

I haven't sen the movie, but I largely agree with your book analysis of the Deathly Hallows. The end really irritated me. "The scar had not bothered Harry in in ninteen years. All is well." WTF? Is she going for a L'Engle ending? At least in Lord of the Rings Frdo will always be haunted by his experiences but Rowling decided to do a quick clean up like she was pulling an all-nighter for a college exam. And what is the deal with the duel with Voldemort? Tom Marvolo Riddle was the greatest Dark Wizard in history! He wouldn't make the same costly mistakes again and again! I did enjoy parts of the book, especially The Prince's Tale. Overall, it was about C+ to a B.